Well, we’re changing that here at Innovative Pediatric Dentistry. We searched high and low for cute, fun oral hygiene gifts that little ones will actually like – yup, including toothpaste.
Here are some of our favorite, smile-friendly stocking stuffer ideas for kids:
1. Hum by Colgate Smart Manual Toothbrush for Kids – Getting a colorful, bright kids’ toothbrush is great for encouraging regular brushing without a struggle. Colgate took it to the next level with Hum. The smart toothbrush has an augmented reality connector and phone stand. Attach the connector to the toothbrush, prop up a phone or tablet and open the app to turn brushing into a live, gaming experience. Kids can unlock levels and earn rewards as they defeat monsters. It also gives parents peace of mind by showing exactly where your child brushed and where they missed.
2. 1-2-3 Grin! Kids Oral Care Set – Grin makes all-natural oral hygiene products for children and adults. Their 1-2-3 Grin! Set is one of our favorite stocking stuffer ideas for kids because it has everything you need to make brushing fun, including a pop-up brushing book with activities to teach kids how to brush and floss and a brushing chart structured like a board game. Have enough toothpaste and toothbrushes? You can also purchase the book and brushing chart separately.
3. Cocofloss – Normally, kids’ dental floss would be low on the list of exciting oral hygiene oral gifts. Cocofloss is the exception! The dentist-favorite brand makes truly effective floss for kids and adults that’s free of parabens, SLS and PFAs. And it comes in fantastic flavors, including confetti cake! To make your life easier, you may want to opt for the refillable flosser too, which is designed for parents to use on kids ages 4 and under.
4.Tooth Fairy Mouse – Maileg has the world’s most adorable and whimsical plush mice. The Tooth Fairy Little Mouse is incredibly sweet and includes a cloth bag to hold lost teeth. The brand also sells tin tooth boxes.
5. Toy Monster + Kids’ Toothpaste Bundle – If you’re going to give your child toothpaste as a Hanukkah or Christmas gift, make it fun with this limited-edition bundle from RiseWell. You’ll get the brand’s kid-friendly, cake batter-flavored toothpaste and a stuffed monster.
6.Chomps the Dino Toothbrush and Book – Maisonette’s Brushies collection includes finger puppet toothbrushes for babies and toddlers and coordinating books. We love the Chomps the Dino version but they have pig, monkey and whale versions too.
7. Oral-B Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush for Kids – This is probably the best electric toothbrush for kids because it has a small, child-sized brush head and a bigger handle that gives little hands a good grip. Some kids find that ultrasonic toothbrushes tickle, but this brush’s rotating head works well without feeling weird. Plus, it has a gentle mode especially designed for children’s teeth and gums. And you can use it with Oral-B’s Disney Magic Timer App, allowing kids to brush along with their favorite characters.
8. A Book About Oral Hygiene – When it comes to stocking stuffer ideas, you can never go wrong with a book. To stick with the oral hygiene theme, encourage a love of reading and taking care of teeth and gums with a book about brushing and flossing. If you want to shop local, Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville has an excellent selection.
9.Xylitol Candy – Instead of giving kids regular candy, gift them some xylitol candy instead. Xylitol is a natural sweetener that may help to prevent cavities by targeting cavity-causing bacteria and lowering the pH in the mouth. Xylitol gum will work for older kids who won’t swallow it or get it stuck in their hair. For younger kids, try a product like Zollipops, which are xylitol lollipops.
10. A Cute Toothbrushing Timer – A cute, little two-minute timer for brushing teeth can make kids more enthusiastic about their oral hygiene routine. Uncommon Goods sells a water-resistant turtle timer. Or go for this dual-purpose one with a two-minute toothbrushing timer and a 20-second hand washing timer.
11.Tooth Fairy Kit – This Tooth Fairy Kit from Bonjour Fête will make the process of losing baby teeth a positive one. The kit includes an official record of lost teeth, little envelopes to hold Tooth Fairy payments, receipts and a muslin bag for kids to leave their tooth under their pillow.
12.Montessori Brushing Teeth Model – The Montessori Brushing Teeth Model looks just like a real mouth. It gives toddlers and preschoolers a chance to practice proper brushing technique and learn the importance of good oral hygiene.
Give your child the gift of a healthy smile!
Now that you have plenty of oral hygiene-related, stocking stuffer ideas for kids, what about a gift that will last your child a lifetime? We’re talking about amazing oral health! To keep your child’s smile healthy and bright this holiday season – and year-round – schedule a visit at Innovative Pediatric Dentistry in Naperville today!